Cheesy Cauliflower Bread is easy, cheesy, and made with healthy veggies instead of wheat. The perfect alternative to bread, they’re gluten free and absolutely delicious!
These cauliflower breadsticks are never going to taste exactly like ‘real’ bread, but they hit the spot, make you feel good about what you are eating and feeding my family, and they’re definitely still delicious!
Brushed with a bit of garlic butter and sprinkled with cheese, these are perfect for dipping in marinara, Keto ketchup or keto chutney.
For the breadsticks:
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Almond or coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Parsley or basil, for garnish
- Chop the cauliflower into florets and add to the bowl of a food processor. Process until you have small rice like pieces.
- Steam, boil, or microwave cauliflower until very tender, about 5 minutes.
- Let the cauliflower cool for 20 minutes and then dump into a clean tea towel. While cauliflower is cooling, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Fold the towel up over the cauliflower and squeeze out any excess moisture. Keep squeezing until no liquid is left in the cauliflower.
- Transfer cauliflower to a mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients for the crust. Stir well to combine.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and press the dough out to form a 10×6 inch rectangle about ¼ inch thick.
- Stir together the butter, garlic, onion powder, and garlic powder to make the topping. Brush it over the top of the breadsticks.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with the cheese and bake for 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Broil to brown the cheese on top, if preferred.
- Sprinkle with parsley and allow to cool 5 minutes.
- Slice into breadsticks and serve.
Taddaaaa…Your cheesy cauliflower bread is ready!!
Removing as much liquid from the cauliflower as possible is very important or your breadsticks will not turn out properly. Keep squeezing out the moisture until the cauliflower looks dry.
For more recipes: Click here
If you are facing issues in dropping your weight, please take this free-body type assessment: Click here