Dosa is a very famous South Indian food which comes in various varieties and ragi dosa is one of them. It is a comfort food and loved by everyone.
Ragi dosa is a healthy and delicious breakfast prepared with ragi millet or also known as finger millet. The texture is very similar to the popular rava dosa with variation in taste and flavour.
Ragi is a staple millet in South India but it is easily available in almost every part of India. It is also very nutritious and has so many health benefits.
Furthermore, it contains some essential amino acids which are required by the body. It is also rich in calcium which helps in keeping the bones strong and prevents conditions like osteoporosis. It is also rich in iron which prevents anemia.
Moreover, ragi dosa tastes great when served with coconut chutney and sambar.
So let’s get to making ragi dosa/ finger millet dosa!
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Ingredients for preparing Ragi Dosa :
Ragi flour -2 cup
Curds – 1/2
Green chillies- 3-4
Onions – 1/2 cup
Salt- to taste
Mustard seeds-1 tbsp
Cumin seeds- 1 tbsp
Method of preparating Ragi dosa at home:
There are 2 ways to it:
For Instant ragi dosa:
- It can be made in minutes just by mixing up ragi flour with curd and water or buttermilk.
- After making the batter, heat the pan with oil and spread the batter on the pan in circular motion.
- Cook it from one side and fold it.
- Serve it hot with coconut chutney and sambar.
With fermentation process:
- Firstly, soak the whole grain ragi overnight and then blend it in the mixer.
- Now, left the batter to ferment for 2-3 hours. Also, for better binding, you can add 1/2 cup oats flour/ coarse grind oats in the batter.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in the pan and add all the ingredients for tempering. When the mustard seeds crackle, add to the batter.
- Now, heat the non-stick pan and grease it lightly with oil. When it gets hot, pour a ladleful of the batter and also spread it in a circular motion and cook on one side.
- After it starts to cook, then pour a little oil along the edges while cooking. When crispy, fold over and remove from the pan.
- Finally, serve hot with coconut chutney and sambar.
You can try whichever recipe you want based on the time.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here