Everyone loves savoury breakfasts, be it elders, adults or children. We all want something hearty and savoury for our taste buds and what is better that poha. You must be wondering what is so different about oats poha than normal rice flakes poha. Well, you are about to find out when you try this recipe. It is absolutely delicious. The addition of oats, along with a variety of veggies, makes this poha a nutritious and wholesome breakfast.
Moreover, if you have never tried oats this way, you will be surprised by its good taste, texture and flavor. So, let’s quickly have a look at the recipe!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- Oats-1 cup
- Onion , finely chopped-1/2
- Green Chillies , finely chopped-1-2
- Garlic , finely chopped-1 tsp
- Tomato , finely chopped-1
- Roasted peanuts-2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Salt , to taste
- Lemon juice-1 tsp
- Coriander leaves, for garnishing
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Curry leaves-4-5
- Oil-1.5 tsp
Method of preparation:
- Firstly, heat oil in a deep pan or a wok and add the mustard seeds and allow it to crackle. Add onions, curry leaves and garlic in it and saute over medium heat till light brown in color.
- Secondly, add the tomatoes, green chili, oats, turmeric powder, peanuts and salt and stir to combine and sprinkle little more water. Also, give the poha a gentle stir until all the ingredients come together.
- Furthermore, turn the heat to low and cover the pan and allow the oats poha to cook in the steam along with the vegetables for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Lastly, when you notice that the poha has puffed up slightly and properly cooked. So, at this stage, turn off the heat and stir in the lemon juice and the coriander leaves.
- Finally, serve oats poha and enjoy it with your loved ones.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here