Kalmi vada is one of the famous dish of Rajasthani which is full of nutrients and very healthy ,its an authentic snack and basically it is chana dal vada served with green chutney along with tea it gives best taste of Rajasthan .
Ingredients for kalmi vada
- 1/2 cup- chana dal(overnight soaked)
- 1 chopped onion
- 5 cloves
- 1 finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- salt as per requirment
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- coriander leaves
- oil- 1 tbsp
- Firstly, take overnight soaked chana dal and grind it with water in a mixture.
- Grind into thick coarse paste .
- Then, transfer the dal into bowl(dal should be firm).
- Secondly, into this bowl along with dal add finely chopped onion, green chillies, garlic, cumin seeds red chilli powder and salt .
- Then, mix everything together into thick soft dough.
- Now, heat oil in a pan on a medium flame.
- Then take a small portion of kalmi vada masala (mixture from bowl) and shape them like fingers(cylindrical).
- Then, drop /just air fry into oil and fry until get brownish .
- Finally, remove vada onto plate and serve hot with green chutney/adrak chai.
You can sqeeze lemon on top of vadas to avoid bloating
Dont keep it for long and do not deep fry them
For more recipes: Click here
If you are facing issues in dropping your weight, please take this free-body type assessment: Click here