Tehri is aromatic, spiced rice along with varieties of vegetables. It is a famous dish of Uttar Pradesh. It is an easy recipe to prepare and also time-consuming. The vegetables that we usually add in tehri are cauliflower, peas, onion, tomato, and potato as well. You can also use other vegetables of your choice for tehri at home.
Tehri is a perfect blend of Indian spices and vegetables. This dish is also nutritious as it contains varieties of vegetable that provide us their goodness.
Moreover, once you have a taste of this absolutely delicious tehri, then it will become a regular part of your meals. So, without any due, let’s quickly dig into the recipe step by step!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Total time: 30-35 minutes
Ingredients for making tehri at home:
- Basmati rice-1.5 cup
- Cauliflower, chopped-1/2 cup
- French beans, chopped-1/4 cup
- Green peas – 1/2 cup
- Mustard oil-1.5 tbsp
- Onion, chopped-1
- Tomatoes, copped-1 cup
- Ginger-garlic paste-1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves, chopped-1/4 cup
- Green chilies, chopped or slit – 2-3
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Coriander powder-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Water-3 cup or as per requirement
- Salt, to taste
- Tej patta-1
- Cardamom or ilaichi-3-4
Method of preparation:
- Firstly, rinse rice in water 2-3 times till the water runs clear of starch.
- Secondly, heat oil in a cooker or thick bottomed deep pot or pan and add the spices such as tej patta, cardamom and saute till the spices splutter.
- Further, add chopped onions and ginger garlic paste and saute till they become golden brown.
- Next, add chopped tomatoes and saute them for a minute or two. Also, add chopped potatoes and saute the potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes on a low to medium flame.
- Now, add chopped french beans, green peas and the cauliflower florets in the cooker or pan and mix them with rest of the ingredients.
- Next, add chopped coriander leaves, green chilies, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and turmeric powder and also mix very well.
- Further, add rice and mix the rice with the masala and pour water.
- Lastly, cover the pan with a tight lid and cook the tehri on medium flame till all the water is absorbed and the rice grains are fluffy and soft.
- Once done, remove the cooker or pan from the stove and also let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Finally, serve this tehri with a raita or plain curd and enjoy it with your loved ones!
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here