Everyone loves dessert. They have their own preferences when it comes to dessert but you can never go wrong with a rabri. It is a classic dish which you can enjoy anytime. Oats and orange rabri can be a perfect dessert for you.
Oats and orange rabri is our go to sweets. It’s taste is not only heavenly but it is also healthier. The sweet flavor of this rabri is well blended with the tangy flavor of orange which results in a divine taste. This low-calorie rabri is a substitute for high-calorie desserts.
Furthermore, oats are famous for their nutritional value and health benefits. It has high water and soluble fiber content, which makes it a desired asset for weight loss and to control hunger levels. They also contain beta-glucan, which helps to aid digestion, increase satiety levels, and suppress appetite.
On the other hand, oranges are rich in antioxidants that help protect skin from aging. Also, being rich in Vitamins B6, help support the production of haemoglobin and also help keep blood pressure under check due to the presence of magnesium. They are also a good source of fiber and potassium, both of which can support heart health.
This is an east-to-make recipe and time saving as well. Let’s look into its recipe!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for oats and orange rabri:
Oats – 1/4 cup
Orange pulp- 1/2 bowl
Low fat milk- 2 cup
Cardamom powder -1/4 tsp
Cashew Nuts,raisins,almonds (chopped) -1 tbsp
Method of preparation:
- Firstly, dry roast the oats for 2-3 minutes and grind them coarsely.
- Now, put a pan on the stove and add milk and grind oats into it.
- Next, boil the milk for about 10 minutes until it is reduced to its half and the mixture gets thicker. Keep stirring in between.
- After the mixture gets thicker, remove the pan from the stove and let it cool down for a few minutes.
- Once the mixture is cooled, add the orange pulp in the pan and mix well.
- Finally, refrigerate the rabri for about 20-30 minutes and serve it chilled to your loved ones.
Tip: You can add a sugar substitute in place of white sugar. You can use stevia, erythritol, xylitol or monk fruit extract for your meals.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here