Pancakes are love by everyone whether its kids or adults or even by elders also. Chana Dal Pancakes is an easy-to-make recipe and is quick to cook also. It makes the perfect breakfast when served with chutney of your choice. It is made with chana dal which are heavy enough that it can also be served for our lunch and dinner as well.
These pancakes are the Indian version of the Western pancakes. These pancakes are made using the chana dal which is nicely grind into a batter with veggies of your choice to give that perfectly healthy and rich taste to the pancakes.
Chana dal is a good source of plant protein. It also has a low glycemic index which raises our blood sugar level slowly and makes it good for diabetic people.
You can prepare these nutritious and delicious pancakes for breakfast and give your day a power boost and a healthy start.
I personally use this dish to make whenever I am feeling lazy and don’t want to put so much efforts in cooking something fancy and heavy. So, what are you waiting for, let’s dig into the recipe of these delicious pancakes.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for chana dal pancakes:
- Soaked chana dal-1 cup
- Chopped spinach – 1/4 cup
- Chopped curry leaves-5-6
- Grated ginger- 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Grated carrot – 1/2
- Yogurt -2 tbsp.
- Chopped green chillies-2
- Oil-1 tbsp.
Method of preparation:
Pre- preparation- Soak chana dal overnight or 2-3 hours before cooking.
- Firstly, boil the already soaked chana dal and grind coarsely and keep aside.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, transfer chana dal paste and add chopped green chilli, grated ginger, salt, chopped spinach leaves and curry leaves in the batter. Mix well. Add yogurt and again stir well so as to form a batter.
- If required, add required amount of water and mix well
- Heat oil on a nonstick frypan at a low flame and take a spoonful of the batter, put it in the pan and spread equally to form a round pancake.
- Now, cover and allow it to cook.
- After it is cooked from one side then flip it and cook till both sides are brown well.
- Finally, serve fresh and hot pancakes with chutney of your choice.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here