Ragi buttermilk shake is a nutritious and refreshing drink that you can enjoy anytime. This shake is enriched with the goodness of ragi flour and buttermilk. Also, you can either make it savory or sweet depending on your taste.
Ragi is also known as finger millet which is high in calcium, iron, and vitamins and is considerably cheaper than other grains. It is one of the superfoods that has a lot of health benefits on your body.
For instance, due to ragi’s high calcium content, it is said to be really great for bones. It is also high in fiber and protein content which will keep you filled for longer which in turn helping in your weight loss journey. It is great for diabetic people, as it helps in controlling blood sugar levels.
Also try our ragi malt smoothie. Ragi Malt Smoothie
Let’s have a look at the recipe of this unique and delicious ragi buttermilk shake.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for ragi buttermilk shake:
- Ragi flour- 2 tbsp
- Buttermilk -3 cups
- Salt, to taste
- Roasted jeera powder-1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves-4-5
- Pumpkin seeds, to garnish
- Black pepper powder- A pinch
- Water-1.5 cup
Method of preparation:
- Firstly, in a deep pan, add 1 cup of water and heat it on high heat until it comes to a boil.
- Meanwhile, mix ragi flour in the remaining ½ cup of water and whisk it well with no lumps in the mixture.
- Next, when the water comes to a boil then slowly add the ragi mixture to the water on the stove.
- Now, cook it for few minutes while stirring continuously to avoid the formation of lumps.
- After cooking the ragi, remove the pan from heat and let this mixture cool.
- Next, add the cooled ragi mixture to the buttermilk and whisk it until smooth texture.
- Add spices like salt, cumin powder, black pepper, curry leaves, and chopped onion, and mix well.
- After mixing, left the shake for few hours if you prefer it chilled otherwise serve it at the room temperature.
- Garnish it with pumpkin seeds.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here