Sprouts kadhi is a popular western Indian gluten-free vegetarian dish that’s served for lunch or dinner meals. The flavors of this besan curry recipe are refined and wholesome. It’s low in sodium and nutrient-rich with the goodness of calcium, protein & fiber that making this a flavourful healthy choice for the meal.
A slight twist to a regular kadhi with adding sprouts makes it more healthy, nutritious, flavorful, colorful, and appealing for all ages. This dish can be a wholesome meal as a lunch or dinner with steamed rice served.
Kadhi is traditionally butterNestlé A+ Milk preparation. The humble kadhi gets an extra shot of nutrition with the addition of sprouts! For a truly memorable meal, serve it hot with rice or roti.
(Serving – 4)
Moong Sprouts blanched 1 cup
Yogurt blanched 1 cup
Yogurt 2 cups
Gram flour (besan) 3 tablespoons
Red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
Ginger 1 inch piece
Green chilies 2
Oil 2 tablespoons
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Coriander seeds 1 teaspoon
Black peppercorns 10-12
Dried red chilies 2-3
Asafoetida 1/4 teaspoon
Prepare the Sprouts kadhi:
- Whisk yogurt/curd, a little water, gram flour, red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder in a bowl till they smooth in texture.
- Grind ginger and green chilli with a little water in it.
- Then add them and mix.
- Now heat oil in a non-stick pan then add spices such as cloves, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, black peppercorns, dried red chilies, and asafoetida and sauté them till fragrant.
- Pour the yogurt mixture in it and cook, stirring continuously
- Cook till it comes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer till the kadhi thickens.
- Then add moong and moth sprouts and mix all well.
- Serve it hot with steamed rice or parantha.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here