Spinach is a leafy green vegetable that originated in Persia. It can also help with several health conditions.
Palak has many benefits like healthy skin, hair, and strong bones, as well as helping with digestion, lowering the risk for heart disease, and improving blood glucose control in diabetics,”
There are many ways to prepare spinach. You can cook it in the form of soup, dishes and dips, and salads. Spinach has some medicinal properties too.
It said that when the diet is wrong, medicines are not needed. When diet is correct medicine is of no need. So the choice is yours – either medicines or vegetables. If we take a good diet, the immune system will be strong enough to fight diseases.
Nutrition facts of Spinach
The nutrition facts for 3.5 ounces (100 grams) of raw Spinach are
- Calories: 23
- Water: 91%
- Protein: 2.9 grams
- Carbs: 3.6 grams
- Sugar: 0.4 grams
- Fiber: 2.2 grams
- Fat: 0.4 grams
Health Benefits with Spinach
Spinach contains cancer-fighting agents called methylenedioxy flavonoid glucuronides. It is also an excellent source of antioxidants lutein, zeaxanthin, neoxanthin, and violaxanthin. All of these are anti-inflammatories, which can be helpful in cancer prevention. Palak has a high source of zeaxanthin and carotenoids that can flush out the free bad molecular species from your body. Spinach is said to prevent cancer. consume spinach and prevent yourself from stomach cancer, mouth cancer, and esophagus cancer.
Spinach can be enjoyed in the form of salads steamed, or sautéed with garlic and olive oil, or stirred into soups. But spinach is the star. “Out of the leafy greens, spinach is one of the most nutrient-dense,”
Spinach contains vitamin K and magnesium. 100 g of fresh greens provides 402% of daily vitamin-K requirements. Vitamin K plays a vital role in strengthening bone mass by promoting osteotropic (bone-building) activity in the bone.
Spinach helps speed up the weight loss process and makes it easier for you to shed extra kilos. For weight loss, you need to burn more calories than you consume. You need to find the right diet and exercise to lose weight. But there are certain foods that can aid the weight loss process. Spinach is rich in fiber which helps to eliminate weight loss. The high-fiber content will keep you full for longer and will restrict you from eating too many calories. Skip those unhealthy snacks and sugary drinks and choose a cup of spinach over it.
Skin and Hair
Vitamin A is also necessary for the growth of all body tissues, including skin and hair.” It is used in anti-aging skin treatments. Vitamin C can help keep skin looking younger.
People suffering from Asthma have less magnesium in the body. Magnesium is used in emergency treatment for Asthma attacks. It is important for us to consume spinach if we don’t want to face
“Palak contains a powerful antioxidant known as alpha-lipoic acid, which has been shown to lower blood sugar levels and increase insulin sensitivity and decrease peripheral neuropathy in patients with diabetes,”
learn how to make Easy to make Chole Palak
Ware noted that spinach’s potassium levels are heart-healthy. “High potassium intakes are associated with a reduced risk of stroke, lower blood pressure, lower risk of death from heart disease.”
Recipes with Spinach:
Baked Spinach Paneer
- Preheat the oven to 180º C. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds and garlic and sauté till the garlic turns golden,addonion and sauté till the onion becomes golden brown.
- Add spinach puree and also add salt and chillies and mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Cut mozzarella cheese into small cubes and put them in a bowl.Also add garam masala powder to the spinach mixture and mix well.
- Add cheese cubes, salt and fresh cream to the mozzarella cheese cubes and mix it well.
- Spread the spinach mixture in a baking dish, Spread mozzarella cheese-cottage cheese mixture over it, sprinkle garam masala powder, keep the dish in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Remove the dish from the oven, garnish with capsicum strips and serve immediately.
Palak as salads
In a bowl, combine vinegar, oil, salt, and sugar, mix well. Add apple, onion, and raisins; toss lightly to coat. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Just before serving, combine spinach in a large salad bowl, add dressing and toss.
Palak Paratha Recipe
- Palak paratha dough recipe: Add washed palak leaves.Get the water to boil. Do not over boil as palak will lose its nutritious.Transfer the blanched palak into a blender without adding water .Add in ginger and chilli, and blend to smooth puree without adding any extra water.
- Take a large bowl and take 2 cups of wheat flour.
- Add ½ tsp ajwain, salt to taste and 2 tsp oil. Also add prepared palak puree.Combine well making sure the palak gets mixed well uniformly.
- Make sure to knead to smooth and soft dough.grease the dough with little oil. Cover with moist cloth and rest for 30 minutes.
- Now pinch a medium sized ball dough, roll and flatten it.
- Also dust with some wheat flour. Further roll it in a thin circle like chapati or paratha. Now on a hot tawa, place the rolled paratha and cook for a minute. Also brush oil / ghee and press slightly. Finally, serve palak paratha with raita and pickle.
- In a bowl, add cream and cream cheese, then mix until smooth and creamy. Add spinach, Monterey Jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, dried minced onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, then use a spatula to fold and mix everything together.
- Transfer the dip to a wide, shallow baking dish.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here