Paneer paratha is a popular Punjabi paratha made with a stuffing of paneer Coriander and green chilies. This very popular Punjabi breakfast and serve in all over the country .
Traditionally paneer parathas are full of ghee and butter but here we provide you healthy buttering of parathas
BENEFITS OF EATING PARATHA :
It is High dietary fiber, protein as well as minerals such as magnesium, iron and copper. This is Made with this flour low waist-friendly and heart-healthy. As you can see, paratha has a good amount of proteins as well as fibers.
Moreover, to make the most of your meals, you can choose to consume stuffed parathas with veggies, curry or dal including this paneer as stuff is best option which increase your protein intake and get the vital minerals and vitamin supplements
BENEFITS OF PANEER :
Paneer is an excellent source of protein especially for vegetarians who do not get their intake from meat products.
It is also a rich source of selenium and potassium and Potassium benefits in curbing memory loss and selenium is useful in infertility treatments. A well as Paneer also has calcium which helps in building stronger teeth and bones.
All of the above , Paneer provides instant energy to the body and helps in releasing much needed calories in the body.
Additionally, paneer paratha is protein rich -low calories menu which is very helpful in healthy weight loss with best and delicious taste of Indian dish .
There are so many types of parathas but this paneer paratha is completely full of nutrition vitamins and mineral supplements .
As well as these paneer parathas are very delicious and yummy in taste when served with raita , pickle
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cuisine: Indian
INGREDIENTS FOR PUNJABI PANEER PARATHA
- For the dough
- 2 Cups- whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Water to knead the dough
- 1 tsp oil
- For the stuffing /paneer filling
- 200gms paneer
- 2 green chilies
- 2 small cloves
- And small crushed ginger piece
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 garam masala
- 1 tsp ajwain
- Handful chopped coriander leaves
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tsp of butter /ghee
METHOD OF MAKING PUNJABI PANEER PARARTHA
- Initially, in a wide bowl take wheat flour and add salt to it as well as a pinch of ajwain
- Then, add water and 1 tsp oil and knead this into a pliable dough then, keep it aside for 10 min
- Meanwhile lets make a paratha stuffing
- Firstly, grind the coriander leaves, green chillies, ginger with cloves
- Then in a bowl , add the scrambled paneer and put 200 gms of frozen paneer on hot water
- Then , squeeze water and scramble paneer properly
- Then , ensure that there is no water left after scrambling paneer
- Now, add grinded paste with ajwain, and masalas which you will take for taste and salt accordingly then, mix all evenly
- Now, take the dough and knead for once again make small lemon size balls with it
- Then , Place 2 tsp of paneer filling into it and press well and now, roll this into parathas
- Lastly , heat tawa and place parathas on pan and smear it with butter or ghee in very moderate amount on both sides
- Finally, serve hot parathas with raita either pickle or anything you want
ADVICE FOR MAKING PANEER PARATHA
- You can use rawa or rice flour rather than to use wheat flour
- Also, make sure that water drained from paneer completely
- As well as , always cover your dough same as we do for modak
- You can add spring onions also, it taste superb
- Then ,use ghee or oil in kneading will make you parathas crunchy, crispy
- Make sure that your paneer is absolutely fresh and you can also use homemade paneer
- Pack it for lunch box also (it will stay fresh for 3-4 hrs.)
Amount Per servings
For more recipes: Click here
If you are facing issues in dropping your weight, please take this free-body type assessment: Click here