Paneer is an all-time favorite dish of Vegetarians, especially when it comes to serving it in parties. It can be cooked and served either as starters or main course. Its an easy to go with ingredient. Paneer Afghani is basically a white gravy dish. This is simple but tasty dish which can be served as a main course along with roti or parathas.
Now lets begin with our tempting yet easy recipe
- 250gm Paneer cubes
- 1/2 cup Thick Curd
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 tsp khash khash (kus kus)
- 2 tsp melon seeds
- 10 cashews
- Finely chopped onion 2
- 1/2 white pepper powder (can use black if white is not available)
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp fresh cream (optional)
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Cook and saute the roughly chopped onion on a pan with 2 tsp of ghee/oil but do not make them brown. When the onion is cooked, switch off flame, remove from heat and allow to cool down to room temperature. Blend into a fine and smooth paste along with Khus Khus, melon seeds and cashew nuts.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the above paste and fry it until ghee separates.
- Add white or black pepper powder and salt to taste.
- Let the flame be slow and add milk. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the beaten curds and cook for about 2-3 minutes. now add roasted Paneer cubes in the pan.
- Cover the lid and cook it for further 5 minutes.
- Garnish it with cashew nuts, fresh cream(optional) and finely chopped coriander.
For more recipes: Click here
Hope you like this recipe.
If you are facing issues in dropping your weight, please take this free-body type assessment: Click here