This beetroot salad is refreshing, delicious, low-calorie and super healthy. This may look fancy to you but this is very easy and simple to make at your home. You just need to toss all the ingredients in a bowl and you are done. Yep, it is just that simple!
Beetroot was not a very popular vegetable in my home in India. I don’t remember mom making it often. One way she would make it was beetroot raita and she also added it to salads sometimes. But other than that, it wasn’t cooked much.
Beetroot is a delicious and absolutely versatile vegetable. They have gained popularity over the years, especially making their way into fashionable salads. They are rich in folate, manganese, vitamin C, vitamin A and also potassium. On the other hand, yogurt is a good source of protein and calcium.
This salad texture, color, and flavor are so good and appealing. So, let’s have a quick look at its recipe!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 3-4 minutes
Total time: 13-14 minutes
- Boiled and grated beetroot-2
- Fresh yogurt-2 cup
- Chaat masala-1 tsp
- Pink salt-1 tsp
- Black pepper powder-½ tsp
- For tadka:
- Ghee 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds-½ tsp
- Cumin seeds-½ tsp
- Hing, a pinch
- Curry leaves-5-6
- Coriander leaves for garnishing, finely chopped-1 tbsp
Method to prepare Beetroot salad:
- Firstly, take a bowl and add curd then grated beetroot in it.
- Secondly, add chaat masala, pink salt, black pepper and mix until combined.
- Next, for preparing tadka, heat ghee in a pan and mustard seeds and cumin seeds, curry leaves, hing and let it sizzle for 1-2 minutes.
- Lastly, add the tadka in the bowl and mix well.
- Finally, add finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing and enjoy this deliciously good salad.
Enjoy healthy and easy-to-cook beetroot salad at home. This is a delicacy easily enjoyed by kids too.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here