Keto Dahi Tadka is a lip-smacking dish that goes well with Keto Roti, Keto Chila, Keto Dosa etc. Add a tadka of taste to the basic curd and amp up your meals in a jiffy. You just need a handful of ingredients to prepare a spicy tadka for the curd. To add a refreshing tinge to the keto dahi tadka, tear a few mint leaves and mix them with the tadka.
Before moving on to the recipe, you must be having few questions in mind related to the intake of yogurt/Curd during Keto diet. So here are your answers!!
Can I eat yoghurt/Curd on keto ?
Yes. But because the lactose in milk will break down into sugar that will go into your bloodstream, “if you’re going to eat yogurt, it will have to be somewhat minimized in your diet,” Read the nutrition label on your yogurt and determine what portion will fit into your carbohydrate limit. Also important is to spread out your carbs throughout the day to stay in ketosis. So also make sure that any yogurt toppings are not high in carbs, like traditional grain-based granola or Fruits.
Is Curd/Yoghurt healthy ?
Yes. A large amount of research suggests that yogurt delivers health benefits. The fermentation creates health-promoting compounds that may help reduce blood pressure, enhance the immune system, and act as an antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory agent, says research.
Do try this recipe and let us know how it turned out to be.
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt or Hung Curd
- One small onion
- Few curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- salt as required
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Step 1 – Pour curd in a large bowl and whisk properly. Add salt as per taste and whisk well. Now add cumin powder and mix well.
- Step 2 – Prepare the tempering Heat oil in a pan. Now add asafoetida, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves and sauté for a minute. And add chopped onion, sauté it till translucent.
- Step 3 – Pour the tempering on the whisked curd, give a gentle mix and serve. Pair up with Keto Pakora, Keto Dosa, keto roti and enjoy.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here