Dhokla’s are super delicious, spongy but dhokla in a mug. Sounds weird, right? But just like pizza mug, we also have a dhokla mug. This is a modern twist in the traditionally loved Gujarati dhokla which makes it hassle-free for you.
This recipe is not just mouth-watering but also healthy. And, if you haven’t tasted this mug dhokla then you’re missing out on a whole lot. That’s why we have brought to you the simplest yet tempting, hassle-free and most effective recipe just for you.
Mug dhokla is easily to make and the result will be light, fluffy, spongy dhoklas that can be scooped out with a spoon. Dhoklas are nutritious and low on calories and hence you can gobble these down guilt-free. So, let’s look into its recipe!
- Besan-1 cup
- Yogurt-1 cup
- Ginger chilli paste-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Oil-1/2 tbsp
- Salt-1 tsp
- Fruit salt or eno-1/2 tsp
- Sugar-1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- Hing, a pinch
- Red chilli-1
- Curry leaves-6
Method of preparation:
- Firstly, begin by adding a cup of besan in a big bowl. Now, add some turmeric powder and sprinkle some fruit salt or eno and sugar, ginger chilli paste to the bowl along with required amount of oil. Also, pour a cup of yoghurt in to this mixture and mix well with a whisker.
- Secondly, add some water to this mixture and mix well till you see a smooth consistency in the batter. Also, add salt to combine all the flavors.
- Next, pour this batter into a microwave-friendly mug and microwave it for 3-4 minutes. (Pro-tip: You can make in pressure cooker if you do not have a microwave)
- Further, prepare the tempering for the mug dhokla. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and once the mustard seeds start spluttering, add a small pinch of asafoetida and some curry leaves along with chopped red chillies.
- Lastly, pour this tempering on the mug dhokla.
- Finally, your mug dhokla is ready.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here