Vegetable appe is a South Indian recipe which is known by many names in different states. For instance, paniyaram in tamilnadu, paddu in karnataka and ponganalu in telugu. The best thing about this is that it you can make it either with leftover idli batter or dosa batter. You can also make it in an instant with semolina.
This recipe is very quick and easy to make and also tastes great. Vegetable appam tastes great and can also be packed for lunch box.
Let’s quickly dig into the recipe!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- Semolina (sooji)-1 cup
- Curd-3/4 cup
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, for greasing and cooking-2 tsp
- Green chilli, finely chopped-1-2
- Onion, finely chopped-1/4 cup
- Carrot, grated-1/4 cup
- Curry leaves, chopped-4-5
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped-2 tbsp
- Baking soda, a pinch
Method of cooking:
- Firstly, take a large bowl and combine semolina, curd and salt in it and mix well to form a fine paste without any lumps.
- Secondly, add ½ cup of water or as required to make a thick batter and keep it aside.
- Next, heat oil in a kadhai and add chopped green chilli, curry leaves and onions in it and saute for a minute or till onions turns slightly golden and transfer this to the already prepared semolina batter. Also, add the coriander leaves and combine well.
- Next, leave it to rest for 20 minutes.
- Furthermore, add a pinch baking soda just before preparing appe and combine well.
- Now, heat appe pan or idli stand and add brush the holes with few drops of oil.
- Next, fill the holes with a spoonful of batter in each and cover it.
- Now, cook until appe gets cooked slightly and once the base turns golden, flip it over to the other side using a spoon and cook on low heat until it turns golden brown.
- Finally, serve these vegetable appe with chutney of your choice.
If you are struggling shedding weight. You can talk to us by taking this assessment: Click here
For more information click here